Many specialty features are available for windshields—either through the manufacturer or as aftermarket kits. When repairing or replacing a specialty windshield, work with a qualified professional that can tell you whether or not any additional features on your windshield will still function properly.
Specialty Windshield Options
- Film that protects the windshield from cracks, pits, chips and more.
- Tint to darken and provide UV protection from the sun.
- Heated, for defrosting and deicing.
- Wiperless Windshields that use pressurized air to remove snow and rain.
- Antenna in the windshield.
- Heads Up Display (HUD).
- Light and Rain Sensors.
- If you live in a cold climate area take a look at options for thawing your windshield.